Created more than 20 years ago, La Grande Traversée du Massif Central (GTMC) by mountain bike is a legendary route !
It is a full crossing of the Massif Central, from the great lakes of Morvan to the Mediterranean sea.
Some numbers :
- A 1360 km route that connects Avallon in the Morvan to Cap d'Agde on the Mediterranean
- 10 departments crossed - 4 regional natural parks: Morvan, Volcans d'Auvergne, Grands Causses, Haut-Languedoc
- 1 National park: Cévennes
- Specific markup
- A route specially adapted to the practice of mountain biking with electric assistance
- A website and a Facebook page
- Two topoguides
More info : www.la-gtmc.com